Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bonneville Salt Flats Land Speed Racing for MS

The posting below is from my brother, Dennis, who is heading to the Bonneville Salt Flats to participate in "speed week." He has dedicated the Multiple Sclerosis Society as the primary sponsor of his land speed efforts. The link to make a donation can be found at Bonneville Salt Flats Land Speed Racing for MS. Thank you.



My name is Dennis Krause. My wife Jean and I have participated in many of the MS walks, and have "joined the movement" to help find a cure for MS. Our involvement is a result of our son Joe, now age 35, who was diagnosed with MS over 10 years ago.

As a family we have always enjoyed motorsports competion. I have prepared a 2000 Mustang Cobra to compete at the 2010 Bonneville Salt Flats speed week. I have chosen to dedicate primary sponsorship of the car as a fund raiser to help find a cure for MS.

Today is Tuesday August 10, 2010. We will be leaving for the salt flats tonight, and hope to get the car through technical inspection on Thursday Afternoon. Racing begins on Saturday and continues for 1 week. Many world speed records will be set. Our goal is simply to compete, have fun, be safe, go over 200 mph, and yes help raise some money for MS.

As we prepare for this tremendous undertaking, I would like to thank my wife Jean for her unwaivering love and support, and to some of my best friends Marty Smiltneek, Dean Oschmann and Steve Mueller who have all contributed significant time and effort in the design and construction of this record setting speed machine.